We have produced 10 online videos covering the theory and then answer a series of questions relating to the teaching in order to continue to the next one. Two modules then explain to delegates how they can test their knowledge with a series of case studies and gain practical experience in your own practice, supervised by a GDC registered dentist using the record of experience. Following completion of the online modules delegates will be asked to complete a course feedback form and will receive a course certificate for 6 hours verifiable CPD.
Aims & objectives
The aim of this online course is to provide dental nurses with the knowledge and skills to be able to advise patients on fluoride use and apply fluoride varnish safely.
By the end of this online course you should be able to:
- Understand how fluoride works
- Explain the difference between topical and systemic fluoride
- List methods of fluoride delivery
- Discuss health and safety issues related to fluoride
- State the advice given by the Department of Health in relation to fluoride in the prevention of caries
- Apply fluoride varnish safely
- Give post treatment advice following fluoride application